• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM,
RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto
Are you sitting comfortably?

Good.

Then we shall begin.

A bevy of Dave's tanks crash out of the woodwork to explode upon my west flank.

Sensing an imminent attack on my SS troopers on the hillside, I proceed with a full scale shift out of the line of fire. Sure enough, the next turn arrives and Dave makes an unsavory comment about having some HE with my morning donut. I don't even like donuts (well, I do, but they are no good for you, kind of like HE).

[Image: cage16-1.jpg]

One TacAm, and two T-34/85's open up on my men to find them gone gone gone for so long so long, they bin gone gone gone for so long... (not a Turan Turan tune btw, but a great Canadian band called 'Chilliwack')

[Image: cage16-2.jpg]

Speaking of the Turan's, one rings an AP shell off of one of the indirect firing T-34's to no effect and then the whole band of Hungarian tanks withdraws back down the hillside.

[Image: cage16-3.jpg]

As you can see, Dave has played his hand early, and has moved the remaining might of his forces into the gap in the west thinking my Panthers toothless in the east.

Not the case.

[Image: cage16-4.jpg]

One group charges down the forest road, the other two into the flank of the caged Tacam hiding in the scattered trees. The Tacam emerges to take another 50mm AP shot from the traumatized Puma crew (soon to be appearing on Dr. Phil) and thinking that after taking three frontal full penetrations that its gun was most definately damaged, I am amazed to see it fire back at my Puma! So that made four full frontal penetrations before Klauses Puma finally "rams" one home.

The second group of panthers will either catch the Valentine in a sleepy pants down position or find it migrated to the other side of the map with Dave's other tanks.

Strangely enough, this leaves me with the full east side of Dave's map open for pillaging. Unfortunately, I have very little to pillage with. The immobilized Panther can stand watch over the large flag while my heroic LMG guards it, but that is an extremely flimsy defense of a key flag.

It's time to get the Turan Turans on the move and into the main village area to meet my rampaging panthers. If Dave is massing his tanks, I suppose I should be as well. Hopefully the second group of panthers will catch the Valentine napping and after a swift execution, move into Dave's backfield and perhaps even attempt a supporting flank into the west.

Dave is not going down without a fight. The next few turns should be interesting as I advance on the flag and fight the Russian hordes, while tip toeing through the HE of his tanks. If I can stay far left of the flag along the map edge with my infantry, I should be ok. Wished I would have sent my shrecks into the village now.

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - by Copper - 04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - by Copper - 05-12-2008, 08:15 AM