• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
05-11-2008, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2008, 01:15 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Here is turn 1 for the Germans.

Both divisions advance towards Mogilev with a wide screen of recon units at the front. I am doing this to make sure that I do not have any Russian units that are sneaking forward or around. I honestly did not look at the Russian setup so I don't know their force structure and their original setup.

The 10th Panzer will try to do some recon spotting next turn to see where a good place to enter Mogilev. I want to find an area that provides an attack route that provides some cover for my engineer units as they try to clear minefields.

The 10th Motorized Division uses recon spotting at the point where I expect then to cross the Dnepr. At that point is an infantry unit and a AT unit. I do not get close to any other units by the river as I do not want to unnecessarily unfix Russian units.

I also run a recon flight over Mogilev's city center to see what is in there. It uncovers a motorized recon unit and two artillery units (one medium and the other heavy). My first Stuka sortie is dispatched to attack the medium arty unit. I elect to attack the medium unit because it can move much quicker than the heavy unit. The heavy unit will be there for a while as it takes a full turn to get into travel mode. The Stuka attack destoyes several guns and rubbles the area.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn1a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 05-11-2008, 12:35 PM