• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
05-11-2008, 07:37 AM,
RE: France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
Turn 3 & 4:

My advance carried on in turn 3, putting a lot of pressure on Belgium, and low and behold, on turn 4 they surrender. Other news at the start of turn 4 tells me that Weygard has taken over the French forces, meaning they will be better organized and suffering less shock. Also I get a message that the Allies are adapting to modern air warfare, meaning the Luftwaffe will have more of a fight on their hands now, and finally I get the event message that some French units are suffering desertions, which means that my capturing of 'V' locations is paying dividends - I must keep taking Shock and Victory locations to keep the Allies on their heels.

With the Belgium Army out of the way, I push troops towards the Channel ports, but Antoni has got some French and BEF troops in the way to slow me down. He also has a formidable line to the north of Paris. I hope to push up the coastal roads with two Panzer Korps and flank this northern line. And in the centre, I hope to flank the more southerly line on both flanks and make for Paris. I will have to support my flanking troops to make sure they do not get cut off. If I can secure the Channel ports and Paris, the shock values should give me the chance to give the Allies the knockout blow. In the south on the fringes of the Maginot Line I continue to keep other Allied Corps tied up.

So far with shock values I have made decent gains, but Allied resistance is stiffening.

[Image: France03.jpg]

Below is a picture to the east of Paris in more detail, the forces circled in red are the French X Corps and 2nd Army Reserves which I hope to encircle and destroy. Antoni is trying to form his defence around Soissons, Reims and Chalons which I view as the gates to Paris. If I can break this line of towns, then Panzers may well be in Paris before the end of June!

[Image: France04.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :) - by cillmhor - 05-11-2008, 07:37 AM