• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
05-09-2008, 04:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 04:30 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
JonS1 Wrote:What I'm saying is a unit that fires (3 times) AND clears mines is 100% as effective at EACH task as a unit that ONLY fires (three times) or a unit that ONLY clears mines. There is no penalty for double dipping.

I agree. This is similar to what I was saying in the other thread about patrolling units which are digging in and how they had to have cumulative penalties or not be able to do both. In the end I think it was discovered that they indeed had cumulative penalties applied. Let us also not forget that the minefield clearing issue is not only dealing with firing, engineers can also remove the minefield clearing status to demolish an AT ditch and then set the minefield clearing status again when it is done with that.

The issue has always been a gray area where you could do both tasks depending on when you set and remove the mine clearing status. This always seemed like an exploit or loop hole to me given that a new player to series would not know how to do something like this. Personally, I think mine and rubble clearing should work the same way as bridge building, where you cannot instruct the unit to do so unless it has full MPs from the turn before. The engineer unit can enter the hex normally without suffering an attack but it should not be able to activate the mine clearing status until the following turn, and while it has the status it should not be able to do anything else.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC - by Volcano Man - 05-09-2008, 04:24 AM