• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
05-06-2008, 05:43 AM,
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
I think that you need a lot of different sources' info to have enough detailed data to design a HPS' campaign.
So I really respect the work behind the 'original' PC scenarios.
Also, like Socrates said, 'all I know is that I know nothing'... the more info at hand, the less that you know...

I also respect all the work behind those that add new artwork (like the mapmods from http://web.telia.com/~u87221892/ ) or VM's alt art and scenarios, or all the other 'alternative' designers... It's not an easy task.

I have designed myself some very bad scenarios (yes, I know it) ;).
I know that they're not the best work possible, because my researching resources are very limited, or the data behind the scenarios are from unknow sources from internet forums, or limited info from maps, a few reference books or magazines, etc... but I designed the scenarios that I liked to have, like the Falaise Poket scenario, the Small Solution scenario or the Spring Awakening scenario. Although they have a lot of errors behind I tried to do them the best as possible with the data that I had available, and, of course, I tried to get fun from it... ;)

About the scenario data... there is always new researchers, new historical papers discovered, etc, and that make, IMHO, IMPOSSIBLE to correct the games OOBs, maps, etc, every time that a new info is disposable... You have to decide: to play a very stable/enjoyable OPERATIONAL SIMULATION GAME based upon real fact campaigns with the data available for the designers (humans) at the release date or get angry every time that you find an error... I decided not to get angry for that, I prefer to enjoy playing this games ;)

Just enjoy playing! cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC - by sergio - 05-06-2008, 05:43 AM