• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
05-05-2008, 03:29 PM,
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
Aetius Wrote:Mines are not the nuisance they should be: they are very hard to lay, very easy to clean, and do very little damage. When playing, I just ignore them for the most part. Is it not possible to give it a higher percentage for placing them - as much as the digging in, for example? I mean, one or two mines could cause a whole unit to be overly carefull in WW2...

Mines have always been problematic in the Series - for a start, while there are great examples of huge belts of mines, by and large they were not 1 km areas that we have in the game.

But in most cases people really hate it when they stray into them. So making them have more effect would likely meet with more calls for changes in this game aspect. I went to some extra lengths in the Alamein Notes to explain the design but people still hate it when they walk on them even if they have little effect.

Like you I ignore them and take my chances - I wish more people would do so as well and not worry if a couple men or tanks were lost here and there. I think the occasional disruption is the most inconvenience we cause with Mines.

So to be honest - I am not sure what could be don't with Mines which wouldn't mess with games we have. Annd making them more powerful might be something you would like but this is the first time I've seen a post where someone wanted them stronger.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC - by Glenn Saunders - 05-05-2008, 03:29 PM