• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM,
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
JonS1 Wrote:Having said that, there are things I wish PzC had - WEGO being foremost amongst them,

:) Jon, if it was Wego, it wouldn't be PzC\MC

Quote:... closely followed by secure PBEM games.

John is reluctant to expend additional time on this as the feeling is, if people want to cheat they will find ways to do so.

Quote:I also - to a limited degree - agree with Huib about the research in places. Much of it comes down to a matter of opinion or interpretation, but other bits are shady, with a case in point being Salerno'43. I don't own that module, but I did have reason to look at the update patch some time ago and noticed that the OoB is IMO, to put it charitably, bad. A huge chunk of it - some 12% of the lines in the OoB - appears to have simply been copied and pasted out of Normandy'44. The same cut and paste appears in the Anzio scen OoB, although there it's not so marked (only 2%). I've just downloaded the latest patch for Salerno - dated 24 Apr 08 - and it remains the same (actually ... *checks again* ... the OoB is dated Feb last year, so no surprises it's still the same).

Well - Wig did the Normandy OOB. Actually he had Salerno built before Normandy but it was thought to be too small a battle for a game and it was left in favour of Normandy. But I had it as a developer and I used pieces of Salerno to make Sicily.

The Normandy OOB is VERY detailed - too much so for my liking as I find that title has so many units, it hard fo me to enjoy the play. So I chose to cut that detail out for Sicily. ANd I used the Sicily OOB to help seed a new Salerno OOB with the less detail. Salerno was then used for Anzio of course.

I am sure there are errors - in fact I found and fixed a couple things in the Sicily OOB three nights ago.

I am not going to redesign the OOB and I can't lay my fingers on every piece of infoI had at hand when I made the Sicly OOB for example. But I do make fixes where I find them. But like you I have planty of other things going too. One has to be very careful how any changes made affect games in progress.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC - by Glenn Saunders - 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM