• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
05-05-2008, 12:50 PM,
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC
my tuppennce worth.

Over the years I have bought numerous war games.
Some were childish, others bug ridden and often weird some just seemed to involve watching a computer moving the pieces, nothing in my view comes even close to John Tiller games as now put out by HPS or to their detail and support. They are in a class of their own.!

My only real general critism is that quite often the Russian Front games unduly favour the Germans when the historic result was otherwise. It is often too easy to be taken in by actual regimental reports as to this and that, but the writers are always putting a gloss on their achievements.

Similarly, the same applies to equipment comparision. The German equipment had wonderful specifications and was beautifully made in relation to crude but strong and reliable Soviet ones. This in its turn often persuades the designers to give the German an undue edge Most players as a consequece generally favour to play the Germans and change history.

:chin:
Barbarrossa
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Huib (and others maybe) don't like about PzC - by Barbarrossa - 05-05-2008, 12:50 PM