• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
04-26-2008, 05:54 AM,
France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
After my exertions in Sicily Antoni has now thrown down the gauntlet for the German blitzkrieg of France in 1940. He has given me the choice of the Germans, and so once again I am on the attack. Needless to say, if you intend to play this scenario, you should look no further as there will be plenty of spoilers.

Unlike the stock France 1940 scenario this one has 36 turns, so a lot more time to play with, but Ed's work has also fixed a few balance issues from the original and it looks to be a real interesting one with some key choices for me early on.

Do I strike for the channel ports and try and trap as many Allied forces as possible, or do I make straight for Paris. Both have their advantages, and of course depend on how Antoni reacts.

I decide to make a sort of feint to the north, hoping to tie up some of Antoni's forces, while I send the kitchen sink through the Ardennes in one huge push for Paris which will create a huge bulge in the middle of France I hope, which of course could be very vulnerable to counter attack. I am also striking for Brussels and Calais beyond.

[Image: France01.jpg]

During the first turn I move a lot of troops into position and make a few tentative attacks with mostly good results. A pocket has formed around Liege already. In Holland I have left a holding force to try and break the Dutch spirit, and in the south behind the Maginot line, I have left a few divisions to mind the back door. All is being thrown to the centre in one massive gamble:cool2:.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :) - by cillmhor - 04-26-2008, 05:54 AM