• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAR - Assaulting Leto (sigh - cant think of a clever title)
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2008, 12:48 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
RE: DAR - Assaulting Leto (sigh - cant think of a clever title)
Turn 11 Action
email from Leto (right after watching some of his ducks of death get mauled):
Those were too unbelievably good turns for you. I just don’t get it why I can’t get any luck at all. Can’t kill a BT-7 with a side penetration? ARghH.

What he is talking about regarding the BT7 is shown below. and flame tank of his and one of my BT7s (circled in blue) ended turn 10 targeting each other. My BT7 fired first, but missed. his flame tank fired and got a side penetration on the BT7, but only shocked it and caused a casualty. The BT7 fired right back and you can see the result below.

[Image: at11center.jpg]

Even if the BT7 had died, his flame tank was probably not going to live through the turn. In blue at the bottom of the pick is a full Sissi squad in command about 20m away that "should" have thrown a satchel or a grenade bundle and killed it. I also had two other BT7s that were racing to get LOS on that flame tank. So although I did get lucky, the end result wouldnt have been much different for the flame tank.

A couple of other interesting things to note in teh pic:
1) In purple in the foreground is a half squad that I decided to race past of row of houses to see if he could get to the large heavy building. He did. That is really good for me, especially if he lives next turn because it means I probably found a soft spot in his defense.

2)The gun selected in game ends the turn having fired once between the buildings (it missed, but will be firing again really soon) at one of my crack 150 sp guns with a full ammo load. That is a crazy sight line.

3) His units in green in the middle are some units I am just going to try to avoid. They are green smg units, but I dont think I have to go through there. I am going to try to follow the brown lines and get to the big flags fighting as few troops as possible.

4)the red X in the middle is a dead flamer tank of his
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAR - Assaulting Leto (sigh - cant think of a clever title) - by Colonel Talvela - 03-17-2008, 12:47 PM