• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
03-16-2008, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2008, 10:43 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
junk2drive Wrote:And the tank didn't run and hide, did it?

No, it just kept realistically advancing on the gun like a man, "dareful, beard to beard" (Macbeth)

But in CM if it'd been conscript green or regular, the tank crew would probably have freaked and slammed into reverse or charged blindly forward in panic like crackheads.

That's why I've been telling scen designers at the Proving Grounds and everywhere else for years - "Make your tanks veteran so they behave properly".
But the anti-POS element have taken a 'blood oath' to knee-jerkingly ignore and argue with all the advice I give, and as a result they keep turning out unrealistic scens full of useless conscs/greens/regs AFV's so I usually don't waste my time playtesting their stuff any more, I just go watch 'Worlds Wildest Police Videos' instead..:)
As I tell them, "Stick with Spike or take a hike"..:)

PS let me clarify - Even if a CM scen contains mostly veteran AFV's, I still usually won't play it even if it contains just one or two con/ green/ reg crews, because I know that once the shooting starts, they'll run around like little girls bumping into and blocking their vet mates, and causing a chain reaction of total disruption and traffic chaos, totally unrealistic and ridiculous..
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys....... - by PoorOldSpike - 03-16-2008, 06:36 AM
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys....... - by Copper - 04-03-2008, 01:57 AM