• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
03-14-2008, 04:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2008, 12:15 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
RE: DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault
Turn 11 Action
email from Leto:
The Ducks of Death march on…

And they definitely do. Picture Braveheart and the heavy calvary charge - only I dont have any pikes to defend myself. He just lined up the tin-cans and rolled through the scattered trees. To be honest it was hilarious, even though my men were getting routed.

At the end of the turn the first of the 170mm mortars fall, and you can see their destruction in the picture below.

[Image: df11.jpg]

Fortunately I had three units at those locations, but decided that he was going to drop the artillery there, so I moved them. so let him bomb away

I did get one moment of triumph.
[Image: df11molotov.jpg]

4 down - 26 to go. Unfortunately if you add up all my guns and molotovs, I dont even have 26 left - sigh. There is just nothing I can do about those little devil ducks.

I have give Leto credit, he did a masterful job with his kit selection. It was a good bet I wouldnt get enough guns to deal with those things. Russian troops dont have any means of killing them. And the cheap 37mm guns that can take out BT7 tanks, have a really hard time killing these italian tanks. I have to use a side shot to even have a chance. Completely unexpected and lots of fun - every turn I laugh.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAR - {here}Leto, come to Papa! - Defending an assault - by Colonel Talvela - 03-14-2008, 04:10 PM