• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - !
03-07-2008, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2008, 01:11 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - !
Wombats Cleese post was hilarious and triggered a welter of interesting historical/ political replies, but in his infinite wisdom Randy felt it best to nip a possible world War 3 in the bud to keep the peace..:)
But it set me thinking maybe there should be somewhere in Blitz where we can have FUN discussing politics and military history etc like sensible adults?
So for what it's worth I'd suggest a specific forum area be created called 'The Field'.
That way, the rest of Blitz can be kept as pure and uncluttered as driven snow purely for CM-talk, but whatever's said in the Field stays in the Field..;)

For example somebody raised the valid point about America helping Britain squash Hitler, so we could examine the possible consequences if America hadn't helped.
In such a scenario maybe Americans would have eventually seen these atomic bomb-carrying babies over their cities,as Der Fuhrer was thinking about clobbering America even as early as '39! -

[Image: amerbomb.jpg]

PS-and this leads on to a similar situation we're all facing at this very moment, namely should America squash Irans nuclear power plants with a series of airstrikes before they begin producing ingredients to make nuclear bombs to hand out as freebies around the muslim world?

See, there are always plenty of things Blitz members could ENJOY discussing, but we've nowhere to do it within the current Blitz structure.
Another example -In particular right now I'm confused by the Hilary-Obama thing, they were best buddies but now seem to have had a tiff, what's that all about?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Britain is Repossessing the U.S.A. - ! - by PoorOldSpike - 03-07-2008, 11:29 PM