• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Coil vs. Goliath - An Idiot's Guide to Beating Players Waaaay Better Than You...
03-07-2008, 04:39 PM,
RE: The Coil vs. Goliath - An Idiot's Guide to Beating Players Waaaay Better Than You...
Turns 4-6 or so...

A bunch of stuff happens...I pop CTs tank, he pops mine. I sneak forward, he brings infantry up. He shoots at me. I shoot at him. If you want to know the details, read it in CT's DAR, he pretty much knows where most of my boys are at this point.

The relevant points are: He's got his infantry coming up the back side of the slope towards the small flag, with some armor tucked behind the trees, my tanks and FJs are on the other side of said slope, trying to figure out what to do before they die in the "Hail of a 1000 PIATs". I'm feeling decent at this point.

Remember, agressive is the name of the game. My tanks on the left get orders to shoot forward over the hill, cover arcs to the right so their turrents will be poised to shoot right at CTs armor, which I'm hoping is facing the wrong way as I come around the corner.

Rest of my armor is headed left, to get in position around the right side of the hill, and plink his armor from behind in a couple turns as his tanks turn to face my boys coming over the hill.

So that brings us to turn 7. At this point I'm feeling pretty good. The feeling shall not last. The turn starts, things shoot at other things. My tanks shoot forward. Too far apart, got the delays wrong. Dang. They're going to go forward one at a time around the corner into CTs armor pack. Then, I notice the really big problem. Stupid, stupid, stupid. asdlg iear anorwio hm jhmjk (The Coil mashing his head on the keyboard...).

It's time to play "Spot the ridiculous idiotic thing The Coil did that will cost him plenty." (I circled the problem areas, as a little hint...

[Image: CT4.jpg]

I cleverly set the cover arcs so my boys' turrets would be facing right at CT's armor as they came into LOS. But I was worried about armor in overwatch, so I set the cover arcs big and wide. So big and wide that I went a bit over 180 degrees on a few of them, and the arcs flipped sides. I did this while I was very tired, and didn't notice. Grrrr....

First tank gets popped. The second ends the turn with a TD aimed up on him and his turret faced in the exact wrong direction. Ungood - going to throw away a tank, and the chance to pop one of CTs. CT is too good to be making silly mistakes against.

What's worse, his infantry is hitting the flag zones in force. This is very bad. I took too long getting up here, got timid when I saw him beat me to the flags, and now I've let him move up too many guys. Should've kept the panzers coming up quicker, but what're you going to do... Of course, he's probably got a few guns up behind him, so that might've hurt me worse...

I was feeling good up until this turn...not so much any more - he's got the upper hand, I'm afraid...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Coil vs. Goliath - An Idiot's Guide to Beating Players Waaaay Better Than You... - by The Coil - 03-07-2008, 04:39 PM