• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Coil vs. Goliath - An Idiot's Guide to Beating Players Waaaay Better Than You...
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM,
RE: The Coil vs. Goliath - An Idiot's Guide to Beating Players Waaaay Better Than You...
CT - Turn 2

Off go my tanks in the direction of the flags (turns out there're 3 flags - little one between the big 2 that I forgot about - doesn't really change much). Turn 2 starts with the flags showing as American - an ominous sign...

A few of CTs tanks on a back hill drop smoke around the left-most flag, and on my way in I start picking up sound contacts all over the flags...looks like CT went with the flag rush (I was hoping he'd be a little slower on the flags, but that's what happens when you try to extrapolate someone's meeting engagement strategy from the tactics they used in the one other game you played them in, which was, by the way, an attack/defend...oh well). My boys had a few movement orders plotted on their run to the flags to take advantage of cover, so the 20-30 sec delay before starting off led to CT arriving first on a straight line path to the flags.

I've seen so far:

2 tank sound contacts on the hill firing smoke
1 British personnel carrier thingie on the left most flag
2-3 sound contacts (tanks) around the flags
One convoy o' fun coming up the middle - 2 TDs, 2 HTs (one towing a gun), and 2 Stuarts (really? Stuarts? I'm guessing they're mis-ID'ed, but maybe CT is coming at me with Stuarts).

It'd be sweet coming out of this on top, taking out a bunch of armor...I've got 3 tanks aimed up on the convoy, my other boys swarming forward. I also kick the Stugs into high gear to bring them into the fray. No sense holding on to them as a reserve if the big armor slugfest is going to happen on turn 2...

Here's where it ends:

[Image: CT2.jpg]

It going to be a mess in a hurry, methinks. I hope he doesn't get too many zooks/PIATs into those woods, or it'll be a mess. My 4 tanks on the left are engaging the convoy, my 2 in the middle and 4 on the right are looking for good firing positions into his other armor. The FJs are scattered - some clinging to their tanks, some brushed off by MG fire. So much for that plan, but they'll all hit cover and just have to fight their way forward a bit...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Coil vs. Goliath - An Idiot's Guide to Beating Players Waaaay Better Than You... - by The Coil - 03-06-2008, 03:06 PM