• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Halftracks for assault
02-20-2008, 03:15 PM,
RE: Halftracks for assault
McIvan Wrote:A Kangeroo is an undergrown Priest, not an overgrown Bren Carrier :)

No, Rod, I don't think it should be classed as a halftrack for the purposes of the rules, because the Bren's went directly into battle without any passengers rather a lot, as light armour support for the infantry.

But you will find that a lot of opponents don't appreciate the distinction, so generally speaking for the sake of peace the same rules often apply.

This is a good reason why I don't mind HT's being used for spotting and recon. Fully-tracked carriers should have the same rules apply, that is, no rules at all. And the Kangaroo has a defense of *eight* so there is some real protential for it to be used as a sturdy spotter, though it still makes a lousy combat vehicle due to horribly weak weaponry.

One thing I never hear about - the usefulness of fully-tracked carriers compared to halftracked. Fully tracked carriers can enter ruin hexes. That can come in darn handy when you're defending a ruined city - the carriers can put large artillery pieces and AT guns in the ruins where the HT's cannot go. :whis:
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Halftracks for assault - by zorro - 02-18-2008, 06:37 AM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by John Given - 02-18-2008, 07:01 AM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by Big Dawg - 02-18-2008, 07:05 AM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by McIvan - 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by K K Rossokolski - 02-19-2008, 04:55 PM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by Mike Abberton - 02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by McIvan - 02-20-2008, 06:08 AM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by John Given - 02-20-2008, 03:15 PM
RE: Halftracks for assault - by Tide1 - 02-21-2008, 07:57 AM