• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air and Artillery by the Map Optional Rule for D85
01-16-2008, 10:18 AM,
RE: Air and Artillery by the Map Optional Rule for D85
I can see how the rule can be turned to gamey play but generally for large scenarios it is not a worry. This is primarily because divisions are so large getting more than a couple close together is a real challange. You can split you art off the division but they end up low fuel/ammo and in a game of manouver they are liability rather than an asset.

Also, in a campaign if my oppoenent wants to target one point with all his art I don't mind at all because I will be coming through half a dozen points at once. And as I stream into his rear his art is a primary target.

Strike by map gives you a useful and realistic ability to hit unobsered targets, albeit with very low effectiveness.

At the end of the day if people want to use gamey tactics fair enough. They paid there hard earned for the game and they can do what they like with it. If you don't want to play gamey then that's your choice as well. Just make sure when you start a PBEM your opponent knows what your preferences are. I tell all my opponents I will call them ion anything I feel is gamey
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air and Artillery by the Map Optional Rule for D85 - by FLG - 01-16-2008, 10:18 AM