• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jobu88 vs RNLTiger ( Tiger - no peeking!)
12-22-2007, 07:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2007, 06:29 AM by Jobu88.)
Jobu88 vs RNLTiger ( Tiger - no peeking!)
A 2000 point ME in Russia Aug 1944 on a medium map. I prefer a small map, but in this case it worked out OK as there are only 2 flags, widely separated. I was expecting / hoping for a little heavier tree coverage and I went with one company of Veteran SS infantry, no artillery, 2 PZ IV H, and 2 StuH42 with the lovely 105mm man-killer for support. I also purchased 2 sharpshooters, three Panzerschreks, and three tank hunters. Finally, a platoon of engineers with flamethrowers for the dirty close-in work.

The map: with the flags widely separated and only 2000 points of gear, I am going to try something different. I will go all-out for the flag on my left, send one platoon of infantry to make noise and keep the Russians busy over by the flag on the right but otherwise concede that flag to the Russians, and hope to win the point battle by killing some Russian tanks with my veteran Pz IVs.

[Image: Map.png]

Initial orders: the Pz IVs are carrying two MG-42 HMGs, a sharpshooter, and a spare HQ. The MGs will
set up in a good spot to cover the approaches to the flag, while the sharpshooter will go off and do
whatever it is that sharpshooters do when no one's looking.

[Image: PlanA.png]

One lonely platoon marches dejectedly towards the other flag, they know that they may get killed or they may die
of boredom, but they won't get any Iron Crosses for this battle. They're a distraction force only.

[Image: PlanB.png]
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Jobu88 vs RNLTiger ( Tiger - no peeking!) - by Jobu88 - 12-22-2007, 07:03 AM