• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Steel Panthers III question: help
11-29-2007, 11:33 AM,
RE: Steel Panthers III question: help
Yes, although you might have sound problems. The game is 10 years old, so there is NO WAY the correct sound drivers can be with the game, unless you are running what was a state of the art computer 12 years ago. That would be an early Pentium or a 486 of some sort. Maybe a P2.
If you really like the scale 200 meters per hex, 6 to 30 minutes per turn, there are better games then SP3 out there. TOAW and Tac Ops spring to mind. I have heard good things about BCT but I've never tried it.
I went and looked at the box and it said;
486/66 or greater
16MB RAM or greater
1MB SVGA crd required
Hard drive required
Mouse required
2X CD-ROM required
DOS v6.22 or greater
Supports Sound Blaster Family

IIRC, v6.22 was windows 3.1
I have run the game in Windows 98. No idea how it will do in XP or Vista. Since nothing seems to run in Vista, I doubt that SP3 would either.
If you have major problems, try DOS Box. It is a bridging program, or what ever they call that nowdays. It converts DOS calls to their WIndows equivalent.

What you might want to do is go over to the TOAW part of the Blitz. They are Operations guys and would be more up to speed on an operational level game thn us tacticians. I think there has just been a new version of TOAW released.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Steel Panthers III question: help - by Osiris - 11-29-2007, 10:13 AM
RE: Steel Panthers III question: help - by Tide1 - 11-29-2007, 11:15 AM
RE: Steel Panthers III question: help - by Grumbler - 11-29-2007, 11:33 AM
RE: Steel Panthers III question: help - by Cross - 12-03-2007, 09:03 AM