• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Speeding up game play suggestion
11-26-2007, 02:27 PM,
Speeding up game play suggestion
I would like to make some suggestions on A/I Movement that would greatly increase game play and take the tedious task of moving reinforcements or scattered units easier. This would help two things. Allow the player to focus more on movement and combat at the front lines and greatly speed up game play thus making the larger scenarios much more playable.

Deferred movement.

As it stands right now this feature is useless unless you are playing a game that is in the dessert or has wide open plains, because the A/I here is simply terrible. If fixed this could be a wonderful feature to move units. What I would like to see is the ability to click on a unit assign it a location. Choose road movement only and it would assign one of those great arrows. The organization would then proceed to that location using the fastest route possible while maintain road movement. This would be great in a scenario where you need to bring reinforcements up or in a game like France 40 to help bring units together at a certain location. The best part is that it takes a boring tedious task off your hands and speeds it up. Now all you need to do is concentrate on the front and checking in to see where your reinforcements are along that road. Press the F8 button and shazam they are on there way.

Next is immediate A/I orders

Don’t get me wrong I love this feature, but it can still be tedious and should be updated. When the chain breaks do to disruption or air strikes etc… the chain is broken and you have to go back to the same tedious labor extensive task of moving each unit one at a time. This some how needs to be fixed to speed up game play in larger scenarios.

I would love to see these suggestion taken seriously as it would greatly increase the playability of the larger campaigns.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Speeding up game play suggestion - by Titan - 11-26-2007, 02:27 PM
RE: Speeding up game play suggestion - by Titan - 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
RE: Speeding up game play suggestion - by FLG - 11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
RE: Speeding up game play suggestion - by McIvan - 12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
RE: Speeding up game play suggestion - by Titan - 12-05-2007, 12:03 AM