• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to use inferior tank crews?
11-21-2007, 10:04 PM,
RE: How to use inferior tank crews?
herroberst Wrote:Yeah, only reason I won this scenario this time was sending Russian infantry company around the right flank to engage first his Panthers (behind the second set of woods on the right flank)and then his Tigers (the scattered trees in the German rear) with hand grenades. Infantry swarmed his tanks and within a few turns had destroyed them with hand grenades as they could not suppress all the infantry from every angle. Took some losses to be sure but had enough left to take out most of the Tigers and take the rear objectives too.

Sounds good. How did you approach the tanks and from what direction to get into range? Presumably a combination of "move" or "move to contact" to just outside LOS and then "sneak" to within ~25-35m? How many squads did you send for each tank and what sort of spacing did you have between them?

[I was playing AL-ELBRUS - nice CMBB scenario - against the AI and I had a squad in tall pine cover at 35m and it did not attack a Stuart that was busy shooting up another squad. However, after I moved it to 25m it attacked but unsuccessfully. It was only after I moved up another squad that I got the knock-out]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to use inferior tank crews? - by RNL Tiger - 11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
RE: How to use inferior tank crews? - by Soldier - 11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
RE: How to use inferior tank crews? - by kineas - 11-13-2007, 12:32 AM
RE: How to use inferior tank crews? - by MGK(FGM) - 11-21-2007, 05:28 AM
RE: How to use inferior tank crews? - by RNL Tiger - 11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
RE: How to use inferior tank crews? - by Jobu88 - 11-22-2007, 12:31 AM