• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

looking advise on CS Matrix
11-15-2007, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix
Isaac, aka Redbear,

Each game has its strengths and weakenesses... Matrix has taken the CS game to a new level... which was a good game before they reworked the code...

CM as I know it is a very tactical game... individual tanks, squads, platoons, and companies... in a we-go format...

CS gives you more of a tactical/operational game... platoon, company, battalion, brigade, division... you can even go up to Corps level fights... It is a I go-U go system.. which is different, but much more in line with old table top games...

I recently acquired Matrix CS and went through a lot of the details of the game and the future of the game with Jason Petho. I think the Matrix version will follow in the Steel Panthers tradition. It is a classic reborn. It may look the same as the original, but it has a lot more potential under the hood now that Matrix has updated the software and guys like Jason, Wyatt, and a host of other guys are working the units and scenarios...

I don't think you will go wrong if you get the game, learn the system, and join the Blitz CS community... I can't wait to sink my teeth into some of the things they've added... I'm already dreaming of some wicked scenario creations to demo all the new items added by Matrix.

I'm a bit biased as I've always found CS an enjoyable game and the CS guys some of the best wargamers around, well maybe except for Randy... He's got too much of a toothy grin for my like... SHARK!!!

Regards,

Jim vK
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
looking advise on CS Matrix - by redbear415 (FGM) - 11-15-2007, 03:27 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by Warhorse - 11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by Jim von Krieg - 11-15-2007, 08:47 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by RedDevil - 11-15-2007, 09:03 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by Copper - 11-15-2007, 09:04 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by Von Luck - 11-16-2007, 07:07 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by Big Dawg - 11-16-2007, 09:11 AM
RE: looking advise on CS Matrix - by RedDevil - 11-28-2007, 11:47 AM