• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rating scenarios without any self reflection
10-24-2007, 04:52 AM,
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection
Huib Wrote:Hawk,

It's not about praise.

Sure seemed like it to me. :dunno:

Quote:It's about the difference between criticism and disrespectful comments.

LOL! An honest opinion is only disrespectful when the person who is the target of the opinion thinks more of themselves than of others?
I thought the scenario was not good and I stated my reasons for why I thought that way. I rated it accordingly.
Up until you posted your whine, it was all about the scenario and my reasons for lack of enjoyment. Now it is about you?
How can anyone disrespect a "thing", ie. a scenario in a game? :chin:

Quote:If Ed thinks this is the way to give constructive criticism on a scenario, I have the right to bring such behaviour to attention and give us something to think about.

"Ed" thinks that the only questionable behavior here is yours.
If Ed saved players who do not like foot slogging one sided scenarios from wasting their time, then Ed has done them a service.
If Ed caused players to select that scenario for their next game and they actually like it, Ed has also done them a service.
There are plenty who think Ed's opinions stink, maybe all will try the scenario to prove Ed wrong. The funny thing it may show that they like scenarios Ed does not like. But, it will not change Ed's opinion about that scenario.

Ed thinks you need to find a way to check your ego at the door. Violin

As Hawk wrote: "Stop worrying about the comments. Look at the number of times your scenarios are dowloaded and played. That tells you more than anything what people think of you as a scenario designer."

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection - by Herr Straße Laufer - 10-24-2007, 04:52 AM