• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rating scenarios without any self reflection
10-23-2007, 06:38 AM,
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection
I've heard words like, "this sucks" and "that is totally unbalanced" and "why do you bother creating scenarios if they are like this". Eek
Why do I spend my time now converting some of my designs to the Matrix edition?
Why do I bother? :chin:
Because I want to! I did not make the scenarios for anybody in particular.

I recently completed a Huib design, the one named in this thread, and I made negative comments because I found it to be tedious. After ten short turns, that felt like a hundred, the game ended in a draw (that's a tie Wolfman, no winner or loser). My opponent pressed me all the way. I felt the very design favored the Germans. But, most likely it should have done so?
I've also played a couple other Huib designs that were ended early by me and/or my opponent because it lacked something we wanted in a game we play. Nor did I comment upon them.

I'm not a very good player. But, I have an eye for scenarios. I can "feel" that a scenario is balanced in my bones. I've rarely been wrong. Though others might disagree. :rolleyes: I also know what I do not like in some scenario designs. I'm one who plays for fun. I may rack up plenty of games and my opponents know that I do not keep my eye on my win/loss ratio. It's fun to win, when you win, not if you have to win to have fun?
But, if you do not have fun and do not feel challenged, sometimes you need to make a comment?

Plainly I did not like this one scenario. Sorry.
If I cannot make a comment because someone's feelings will get hurt, and they will take their ball and leave, then something is wrong?
I believe it is not a wrong with me or my opponent.
As in winning, if you are someone that needs 100% praise when clearly not all are going to give that praise to you, then I cannot help you.

I would prefer you to "buck it up" and stay.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection - by Herr Straße Laufer - 10-23-2007, 06:38 AM