• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Col T DAR - The Reason why you [hear]Leto scream in his DAR
08-07-2007, 04:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2007, 04:14 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
Col T DAR - The Reason why you [hear]Leto scream in his DAR
What to buy what to buy. According to Battlefront, this isnt a fun part of the game - hmmph. Anyways, I have an wild CM hair that really needs itching.

Anybody - besides POS - want to help me pick my force selection for this Mar 45 German attack on Leto's Russians. Large map lots of trees.

I have never attacked Leto, but since he mentioned in his other DAR that he expected me to get a Guards battalion, I assume that there is a high probability that is what I will be facing.

Here is where I am tossing around in my head:
Option 1
- Conscript 45 Infantry battalion (5 rifles/2smg/1lmg 41 ammo; 12 HMGs; 81 & 120mm spotter) - 954 points
- Vet King Tiger - 557
- Vet PzGren Company (4 shreks, 4 HMGs, 2 81mm mortars) - 704
- Vet Volk Fus Company (7SMG sqds, 75mm, 2 HMGs, 2 81m mortars) - 584
- Reg 105mm spotter wire not radio - 148

The theory here would be to just try to get the conscript inf and HMGs into position and then pin his troops with enormous amounts of fire. Add in 4 artillery spotters & 4 mortars to help assault the weak points. The 4 shreks and the KT are for anti-armor duty.

Option 2
-Reg Inf Battalion 44s (9smg squads, 6 HMGs, 81/120 art, 18 shreks!!) 1560
- Vet Volk Fus Company (7SMG sqds, 75mm, 2 HMGs, 2 81m mortars)584
- 6 grn 105 StuHs
- 1 grn Stug
- 2 20mm flak

With this force my goal would be to KO all his tanks with my 18 shreks. My armor would simply be for HE purpose only. Of course if he is armor light, then I have wasted about 300 points

Option 3
-Green Cavalry 44B squad (2 rifles/4 SMG/2 lmg/22 ammo; 12 HMGs; 3 81mm art) - 1199
- Vet Volk Fus Company (7SMG sqds, 75mm, 2 HMGs, 2 81m mortars) - 584
- Reg Panther platoon (5 vehicles) -1018
- 1 Vet Hetzer - 116
- 1 Crack Sharpshooter -
- 1 Reg Panzershrek -
- 1 green 20mm flak

with this group I would do a broad advance across the entire map with the green cavalry battalion and use them to find the enemy spots and saturate them with heavy small arms fire. With only 22 ammo, I will have to split into half squads every turn to get maximum power from the 2 lmgs in each squad. On one side I would advance with a POS-esque Panther pack and the Vet fusilers and just roll up a flank. The Vet Hetzer would hide out in the middle and basically look for a keyhole shot on any tanks trying to adjust to my panther pack. The shrek would guard the non POS-pack flank from any tanks that would be pounding my infantry.

I have never used any of these troop formations before, so they all seem very intriguing to me. Anybody have an opinion on the above, or any other force selection that seems unusual.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Col T DAR - The Reason why you [hear]Leto scream in his DAR - by Colonel Talvela - 08-07-2007, 04:11 PM