• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Noob question on force picks
07-09-2007, 12:11 PM,
RE:��Noob question on force picks
matxer Wrote:Hi Cross,

Yes, APC are just as vulnerable to arty as tanks. Even more I'd say, as their top armor is inferior.

Unloading infantry at the end of the turn is costly in terms of speed: you need to reload at the beginning of next turn which reduces the move counter of the APC or tank.

I think you're right: transport by tanks should be used as an addition, saving the cost of APCs for one platoon, not for the entire infantry company.

I'd like to comment on the statement of Weasel saying the 12.7 MG is useless. I don't have as much experience as Weasel but it seems to me a light MG can be pretty useful, for suppressing purpose for example, using the area fire feature. I'd say that any gun is useful. I recently killed an ATGM infantry with a crew manning a pistol and grenade (at 1 hex range, of course).

Agreed it has it uses, but I don't think that holding your M113s in the front line to use them for that is worth the risk of them being clobbered by everything from hand held AT to arty. Thus I use them as trucks and set up the relay.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Noob question on force picks - by Chipmunk - 07-09-2007, 01:17 AM
RE: Noob question on force picks - by matxer - 07-09-2007, 03:27 AM
RE: Noob question on force picks - by Cross - 07-09-2007, 03:43 AM
RE: Noob question on force picks - by matxer - 07-09-2007, 03:51 AM
RE: Noob question on force picks - by Cross - 07-09-2007, 04:02 AM
RE: Noob question on force picks - by matxer - 07-09-2007, 04:34 AM
RE:��Noob question on force picks - by Vulture (FGM) - 07-09-2007, 12:11 PM