• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Play 1940 Campaigns with surrender option on.
05-11-2007, 04:13 PM,
RE: Play 1940 Campaigns with surrender option on.
***Warning readers*** :soap: :soap:

PvE,
Looks more to me like the Belgians are hiding. What do you want them to do, walk up to Jerry and introduce themselves? It is a broken unit. How hard can this be for you?

Did you ever consider with the FOW, your Germans are not really looking for exactly 8 men? Not sure how you came to that number if the unit only shows X men. Anyway, I look at this as some German officer telling his troops to fan out and search every piece of ground where the "rumored" enemy troops might still be hiding. That could take time.

Or they just could be snipers. Ever search for snipers in a 1,000 meter radius? The snipers still have to be cleared out. This is not an 18th century battle with rows of troops banging away at each other at 25 yards.

You are implying that the German army is being delayed enough to mop up broken Belgian troops? That this might cause the Germans to lose the F40 CG? It is annoying to be sure, but not all that critical to the campaign. I doubt you will find any experienced players taking the auto surrender option in F40 as the Allies.

I would think your use of the German glider troops as Uber assault troops is more of a tragedy. Where is you thread on this? This version of the CG by RickyB and Dave Guegan with the strategy options forgot to withdraw the Strum units after the fall of the Belgian fortress on of Eban Emal the first day. (Something the authors tell me will be reviewed.) Now your using these very small but extremely powerful units to reduce bypassed bunkers. Defensive fire under the default alt direct fire rules just bounces off these small units with no effect. Assaulting them with the E morale Belgian bunker garrisons is not an option either. The FJ are A morale when in good order. Really, each of those Strum units are allowing one or two German infantry battalions to go to the front instead of reducing the enemy held bunkers in the rear. I'd say you have little to complain about.

When you try and cross the Muese, (and your late at that by historical measures), you may not want the auto surrender rule. All the French will have to do is move adjacent to the German crossing parties and the Jerries will surrender with their backs to the river. No need to waste Allied troops assaulting Jerries ferrying over to form a bridgehead with the auto surrender option. Just bust them up with plenty of artillery, then touch them on the shoulder. How silly is that? :rolleyes:

BTW, how good are those little 37MM AT units at surrounding bypassed Allied units? Guess it would be more efficient with the auto surrender rule so these AT gun crews could collect the prisoners and free up even more German infantry troops for the front lines. As it is, those guns are doing a good enough job for you holding the broken Belgians in place until your tired infantry can come and make the needed assaults. :rolleyes:

If the Allied defense has you frustrated, you can always hand over your baton and surrender. Big Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Play 1940 Campaigns with surrender option on. - by Dog Soldier - 05-11-2007, 04:13 PM