• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spotting and unit quality - does it matter?
04-26-2007, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Spotting and unit quality - does it matter?
Here's my standard reply to anybody who's in danger of becoming a numbers-junkie -
Mate, don't get too obsessed with numbers, I never do.. :)
That's why I always tell people to play by gut instinct and not by sliderule..
Sure, we all have to look up the odd chart occasionally to remind ourselves about something but don't become bogged down too much in hard facts and figures or you'll begin playing like a robot without any 'feel' for the game.
Remember in the film 'The Cincinnati Kid' a poker player carefully consults his mathematical charts to work out the chances before placing each bet, yet the Kid (playing by gut instinct without any charts) takes him to the cleaners.
Right Kid?

"Right"..

[Image: cinc.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotting and unit quality - does it matter? - by PoorOldSpike - 04-26-2007, 05:49 AM
RE: Spotting and unit quality - does it matter? - by Copper - 04-26-2007, 12:04 PM
RE: Spotting and unit quality - does it matter? - by Copper - 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM
RE: Spotting and unit quality - does it matter? - by Copper - 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM
RE:��Spotting and unit quality - does it matter? - by Copper - 04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
RE: Spotting and unit quality - does it matter? - by Copper - 04-27-2007, 03:29 PM