• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patrolling
04-08-2007, 12:25 AM,
RE: Patrolling
First of all I value all improvements to the game and patrolling is an improvement

As far as EA42 goes I have just played a full campaign right to the last turn

Whilst playing this game PBEM remember not against the AI . I would say that 50% or more units are disrupted when in T mode EACH TURN . So I had to expect whilst ,moving forward in T mode all units were disrupted after two turns and remember that means movement of one hex often . This means there is no point the allied player using them truly in the rear areas instead post them in your own lines or just behind the axis lines . I would say that disruption from these units defeated me in the game . I especially had trouble trying to move artillery . I do however understand from my opponent only one was left at the end of the campaign . So to test it see how many axis units get disrupted when in range of the LRDG units over two turns , I reckon its 90% or more . Locking at it now a lot of Italians will be patrolling and that may drive off the LRDG and will have a very big effect in that game . Maybe that's what it needs .

Now on patrolling . Patrolling is not an optional rule .Its best use will be in games ( not Just Minsk ) where an attacker has to sneak up on a defender 1 hex away during the night turn , or storm or whatever . I can accept units patrol and detect other units at two hex - ok . In fact use like this is not gamey . But I think as it will apply to all games it needs to have modifiers such as I earlier suggested . Detecting 100% of the enemy AT TWO HEX in a storm or heavy rain,fog B44, EA42, R42, M41 etc seems to be unrealistic . So you can have units patrolling for the defence you will see all approaching attackers .

I still think quality and unit types should have some bearing on the matter as well

BUT I like the rule perhaps it should have been an optional

Regards

michael
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Patrolling - by cavalry corps - 04-07-2007, 01:37 AM
RE: Patrolling - by Glenn Saunders - 04-07-2007, 01:57 AM
RE: Patrolling - by Mr Grumpy - 04-07-2007, 02:38 AM
RE: Patrolling - by Dog Soldier - 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
RE:��Patrolling - by Glenn Saunders - 04-07-2007, 05:57 PM
RE: Patrolling - by cavalry corps - 04-08-2007, 12:25 AM
RE:��Patrolling - by Glenn Saunders - 04-08-2007, 02:21 PM