• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to use AT guns on the offense?
03-16-2007, 05:24 AM,
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense?
Liebchen Wrote:
Tanky Wrote:
Liebchen Wrote:Are you envisioning pushing ATGs a kilometer by hand, then?

Since when has every kilometre been a flat bowling green? How about them being driven to dead ground and then man handled into position? Or what about being manhandled into position at night?

If needed I'm sure troops would have pushed them a kilometre - at the moment the drivers must be parking their trucks within a hundred yards and full view of the enemy.

You actually make my point stronger, as I read it. Because the terrain is not "bowling green" flat, and because it might require manhandling the guns, it would appear to be that these guns cannot move out of "T" mode.

The comparison between ATGs and mortars is not, AFAIK, a valid one. Mortars break down for portability. This I know. Does anyone have any data that suggests that ATGs were capable of being broken down?

Even if they had wheels, they still weighed a heckuva lot, and I imagine that they were awkward, to boot.

Just MHO, of course, for all $0.04 that it's worth. :)

(Edited for HTML challenged correction.)

Sorry, but the amount of terrain where the guns would be able to go in 'T' mode would be a lot less than if they were man handled. Try driving a truck through a wood.

ATG's were able to be manhandled...although guns heavier than the Pak 40 wouldn't be pushed for miles. I don't know if you've ever seen or lifted a Pak36 or Pak50 but they are not that big or heavy especially for a 5-6 man crew of young, fit men.

As someone else mentioned the hexes are 1 km...what if the ATG's are situated in the middle of the hex? Why can't they be driven up unloaded and unhitched without being shot up, especially at night?

Being able to move 1 hex is far more realistic than the present situation.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-14-2007, 07:43 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Tanky - 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Tanky - 03-16-2007, 05:24 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Al - 03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Occam - 03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Hank - 03-17-2007, 05:53 AM