• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tales of Brave Sir Robin . . . SFS ROUND 3 Sitrep Thread!
01-08-2007, 05:06 AM,
RE: Tales of Brave Sir Robin . . . SFS ROUND 3 Sitrep Thread!
Strike of the Lehr - Toten Tanz vs. Rupert Turn 12

Lehr artillery fire fell on American position in Weyer and Rauwiller with devastating effects. In Weyer, several American units were driven back and disrupted, as they took casualties they could ill afford. Most importantly, shell fire destroyed a MGC HT unit, and drove its accompanying Engineer units off Ischermuhl Ridge, This effectively unhinged the American defenses in the area. In Rauwiller, the shells disrupted, or drove back every American unit to the front of I Btl, 902 PzGdr Reg. This left the town center wide open to attack.

In Weyer, the final attempt to clear the town, and surrounding areas began. The platoon attacking the left flank was pinned under heavy rifle and machine gun fire, then captured as 2 Panthers over-ran their position. Tank and machine gun fire destroyed an HQ unit and SP Howitzer unit on the edge of the town. More infantry units were driven from their positions and captured. The Flamen HTs that had been brought forward were instrumental in destroying several isolated American units.

The last American unit on Ischermuhl Ridge was captured, as Lehr units cleared the ridge. The Panthers from I Blt/Panzer Lehr Reg 130, which had been providing fire support, displaced 1KM to the West and North of their positions. This put them in a good position to counter any attack by American armor across the high ground from the Schalbach area.

I Btl, 902 PzGdr Reg., support by 6 Co, II Btl, 902 PzGdr Reg. mounted an assault to clear the town of Rauwiller. Infantry with Panzerfausts destroyed a weak AC platoon 500M North of the town center. Flamen Hts and tanks then drove through defending units East and South of the town. American mortar and MG units were either destroyed or driven back by these flanking movements. Two platoons from 1Co, I Btl, 902 PzGdr Reg.secured the town by close assaulting the remaining American defenders. Two beat up infantry platoons and an mortar section were captured in the process.

2 Co, was brought off the line and loaded back into its HTs to act as a mobile defense against American counter attacks in the area. I Blt/Panzer Lehr Reg 130., minus 6 Co, engaged the American ACs to the South of Kirrberg, destroying all of them. It then displaced into new fighting positions.

Lehr units continued their withdrawl back into Postoff, and into defensive positions around Baerendorf. From the West bank of the Sarre, 8 Marder IIs, from 2Co. PzrJg Abtl 130, engaged and destroyed one of the American AC sections that was advancing up the rail line on the opposite bank. 3 Acs were left burning. Lehr forces on the East bank of the Sarre continued South, towards the American TF.

The action along the Division front was probably the most violent thus far encountered. There were no less than 9 close assaults by Lehr units. Approx 12 American units were either destroyed or captured, with more driven back. 3 American leaders where captured, or killed during the fighting, as well.

The Americans fired artillery, in response to the vicious German attacks. Casualties were taken in Rauwiller and Weyer. None was enough to break the momentum of the Lehr's attacks. The remaining American units in both towns, little more than an understrengthed companys, attempted to counter attack, to no effect. Individual leaders were also see retreating back into Schalbach, from Weyer.

The American M-4s in the orchards West of Schalbach traded fire with the Panthers of I Blt/Panzer Lehr Reg 130, which was approx. 2.5KM to the North. No casualties were taken on either side. Additionally, American Armed units, and a Jeep section, continued to advance towards Kirrberg.

Five American M-3 Stuarts, a Jeep section, and an M-10 platoon counter attacked the Marders of 2Co. PzrJg Abtl 130, North of Fenetrange. All 8 German vehicles were reduced to ruins. The pillars of smoke could be seen as far away as Wolfskirchen.

More American vehicles, most notably HTs filled with infantry, could be seen streaming into Fenetrange. Rough estimates are that an American Armored Infantry battalion, supported by at least 3 companies of tanks and TDs are crossing the Sarre at Fenetrange.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tales of Brave Sir Robin . . . SFS ROUND 3 Sitrep Thread! - by Toten Tanz - 01-08-2007, 05:06 AM