• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

That Special PBEM Game
01-04-2007, 06:08 AM,
That Special PBEM Game
True to my word, if I post on Fragment I said I would post the same post here, and vis versa. Also gives me a record of my posts at both places, just in case some "disappear". I decided not posting here and only posting on Fragment was not the right answer just because I was mad at RD for deleting my posts, I love the Blitz, and only want it to be the best it can be. The answer is take what works from each and junk what does not. To me it is obvious what does not work here. I will post another article on close infantry assault techniques for Combat Mission next.

Just Some Thoughts
I find myself as I open my e-mail, getting ready to do turns, that I am prejudice. Yes I discriminate against some games. Its not like I am not going to do them, it's just not all my games have that special spark going for them. I'm sure you know what I mean, you open your e-mail, and you have five PBEM game files waiting to be downloaded. I find myself always doing that "special game", the one with the spark first. It may not be that I am winning, but that the game is just exciting, or hanging in the balance, or the "Big Push" is about to happen. The "special game gets done and returned right then! Don't get me wrong, I do the other games, but they wait till the special ones are done first.

On the flip side of the "special game" or "games", I do my best to drag up that game you KNOW you are going to lose. Things have just gone to shit, the enemy is in the wire, you have used you last artillery round and it landed on your last AT gun, yeah that game. The enemy gets a vote and sometimes you LOSE. So I try and do them just to get the pain over with, and I don't like games that slow down when I am winning either.

Then you have the games that seem to just drag out. Most games have their boring stage, for example, I just hate setting up, because I know it is the single most important thing I am going to do and sets the stage for the entire game, thus it takes me a long TIME, so I find myself putting a game at the setup stage off till I have TIME, which some days is rare. Or I just don't want to think that hard right then.....lol. But the setup stage game is not what I am taking about, I am talking about a game that just is not exciting, or whoever designed the scenario was smoking crack at the time. Those games get done last, if they don't get kicked to the rear again when that "special game" shows up just as you were going to do the boring one, guess what happens.........

Just some thoughts
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
That Special PBEM Game - by Zemke - 01-04-2007, 06:08 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by Der Kuenstler - 01-04-2007, 06:52 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by Copper - 01-04-2007, 07:08 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by Colonel Talvela - 01-05-2007, 01:40 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by Fubar - 01-05-2007, 02:18 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by Copper - 01-05-2007, 02:19 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by Fubar - 01-05-2007, 02:42 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by KTN - 01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
RE: That Special PBEM Game - by ATCS - 01-07-2007, 10:51 AM