• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Little Help For The New Guy Uncommon Valor
11-28-2006, 04:37 AM,
RE: Little Help For The New Guy Uncommon Valor
I never played PacWar, but I played the old SSG Carriers at War series (which Matrix is currently redoing). My first wargame was a DOS-based (4 color CGA, too) Midway game that I can't even remember the name of.

Regarding the bomber settings, don't think of the primary/secondary missions as morning/afternoon settings. If the primary is set to Naval Attack, the unit will attempt a Naval Attack in either the morning or afternoon air phases, but if no suitable targets are found, then it will perform the secondary mission in the p.m. phase (subject to all the normal checks of course). If rest is selected as the secondary mission, then it will stand down if no Naval targets are around.

In fact, I often place units I want to gain rest/morale in Naval Attack/Rest with 10-20% in naval search. They will still recover morale this way, and the naval search will give them at least some minimal (very minimal) training. Fatigue will also stay relatively low. The other benefits are an increase in naval spotting, which might in turn lead to some naval attacks, and you may get some sub intercepts as well. Unless their experience is high, you are very likely to get an attack, or even more so a hit, on a sub, but dodging air attacks seems to use up sub endurance. Anything that reduces an enemy's sub time on station is fine by me.

When you're interested in a PBEM game, let me know. I'd even be willing to play an "off the ladder" game where we could discuss things in detail and not worry about the score.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little Help For The New Guy Uncommon Valor - by Mike Abberton - 11-28-2006, 04:37 AM