• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk oob values ...some comments
10-21-2006, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2006, 03:58 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments
Michael:

There are T-34-76c's in the game - roughly 40 to 45 units with 20 to 35 AFVs per unit. I gave up counting in the 40's. So look again and I think you'll find them.

On the values - what can I say except if you don't like my values, pick your own. I've long since discovered that it is impossible to please everyone with OOB values and in an operational game there are other factors that figure in other than thinkness of armour and size of the shell. So what worked perfectly for a Tactical game may not fit with operation results. Just look at the unit speeds for that> example - everybodys knows a single T-34 can go fster than 13 km\hour - and a truck carrying mot inf can travel faster than 10 km per hour.

On possible errors in values and "God only knows" those happen from time to time and when they do I will fix them if required. So if you think you have a logic flaw and you want them looked at for the official version of the game then please send a BTL file to me or to HPS Support ([email protected]) referencing the HEX ID of the unit(s) in question, and we'll be happy to look into them and correct them if they are errors or things that slipped through.

But I can't and won't try and discuss or justify all the values and how they were arrived at. It would serve no purpose to do so anyway.

If you want to discuss them here on the forums among yourselves for the purposes of your own changes and mods, feel free to do that too of course as you can do what you like with the game to build it or re-configure it to your own specifications.

Hope you understand.

Thanks

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by Glenn Saunders - 10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by JonS1 - 10-21-2006, 09:16 AM
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by Krak - 10-21-2006, 12:27 PM
RE: Minsk oob values ...some comments - by Arimus - 10-25-2006, 08:59 PM