• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Original OOB or McNamara OOB - Which is best?
10-11-2006, 03:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2006, 03:44 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Original OOB or McNamara OOB - Which is best?
While I respect your opinion, I am not convinced. I was not suggesting that buttoning up or displacing a hundred meters should be considered as disruption, as classified by the series but, then again, it does not matter because disruption already occurs. Also, disruption is primarily caused by a failed morale check by the target unit as long as you cause at least fatigue accumulation, so it has more to do with the quality of the target unit than it does anything else.

Also, I do not know what hypothetical case you are thinking of. If you are talking about a A or B quality battalion of tigers, panthers or T34s receiving artillery from 105mm guns then yes you will get very little effect. But if you are talking about lighter vehicles or early war tanks then you will definately see effects from artillery. Not to mention, if an armored unit is low on fuel then you will also see good effect from artillery which makes sense because in this state they would more likely be in fixed positions.

And yes I have TC'd a tank and was frequently buttoned up while doing so, and when I was a driver I drove almost exclusively buttoned up as well. I would not consider myself "disrupted" when I was in that state. It is true that my situational awareness was indeed effected I don't think it is something that you would model in a game at this scale (in Squad Battles I would say you would though). Granted it was an M1A1 (HA) and not a Sherman though. :)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original OOB or McNamara OOB - Which is best? - by Volcano Man - 10-11-2006, 03:36 PM