• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
09-28-2006, 11:54 AM,
RE: Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members.
Great thread. My two cents:

First, I think that, no matter what its final form, the fact that Matrix is doing a reissue of the CS is a huge plus for the longevity of the game format, and the greatest news possible for all of the scenario designers. Without someone with a commercial interest stepping up to keep this series alive, its death would have been just a matter of time (though to date, it has certainly defied the odds).

I have no issue with the old stock scenes (flawed historically as they may be in some cases) being reissued. They are popular, and having a new generation of CS players without easy access to them will create a void within the CS gaming community.

In regard to Brevard's scenes: fun, playable, well balanced. But with obvious historical flaws (including the maps); they were not researched as well as they could have been (and I am not talking about nit-picky minor details). I agree that every scenario could be readily picked apart, and there is always someone out there with some specialty knowledge of a particular battle who could contest a fact or two about even the best researched scene (including my own). No unit records or AA reports are so complete that a 100% acccurate depiction can be made (especially when it comes to reconstructing the "other side of the hill"). I share Huib's passion for "getting it right", and wish that all scenario designers were like-minded. But at this moment in time, that is wishful thinking, and I wouldn't think it wise, in the greater scheme of things, to limit the release to the rather limited pool of more accurate scenes. I do hope, however, that Matrix includes as many of these scenes as possible with the new release
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Matrix and the new stuff ie CD2 by the Blitz members. - by Don Fox - 09-28-2006, 11:54 AM