• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F40 Multi-Strategy Campaign Question
08-27-2006, 01:01 AM,
RE: F40 Multi-Strategy Campaign Question
Do you honestly think the 5eme DLC and the 2e Div Ch Ard can put a stop to a German advance in the Ardennes? Please give it a try. By noon on the 10th, the Germans will have the entire strength of 4 panzer divisions pushing through the area, assuming they choose historically (the standard campaign in other words). These divisions have approximately 1000 tanks between them. The 5eme DLC has 65 vehicles. The Belgians are on bikes, see how quickly they can outrace the Germans into the Ardennes. Please actually try it and then maybe you can share your files with myself/David and we can look at how well a historical advance is stopped by these bicyclists charging down.

Since the Belgians start with FEWER troops in the Ardennes, and it will take awhile for these guys on bicycles to reach the middle of the Ardennes, it might just come out equal with the standard campaign, of which it seems to be your only concern in comparing things. The 5eme DLC is free to move on turn one in the standard campaign too.

But I will bet that the forces you names cannot come close to stopping and advance west by the Germans, period. If I had time, I would offer a game to see, although I may not choose the historical advance for the Germans either.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F40 Multi-Strategy Campaign Question - by Ricky B - 08-27-2006, 01:01 AM