• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated France Campaign with Strategies
08-25-2006, 06:20 AM,
RE: Updated France Campaign with Strategies
For the positions of the Belgian Army I used some material coming directly from the Belgian Army Archives that was made in 1971. (the scan is 45 Mo zipped). It is precise to the company level for all Belgium. It's a wonderful work! So now we have the historical positions.

Now, for the Strategies. I don't think it will be that easy to win for eather side. :kill:

If the French make the decision to switch the 1st Army with the 9th, they will have a stronger defense of course but Belgium will be weak. And if the German decide to play the attack by the north the French will have to come and face them at some point.
So nothing is given I think, many factors will help to decide the outcome.

Of course I understand you point of view regarding the outcome of the campaign, it is a simulation of a battle, but it doesn't mean that it will be an certain victory for the German nor the French. Strategicals decisions and tacticals behaviors will determine the outcome of the campaign. In the original campaign, I have heard often that the Germans were winning (with victory level) without reaching the sea. Now that should not happen.
The new Campaign scenario is a what-if, using probable situations so no historical outcome is expected.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated France Campaign with Strategies - by Tortue Agile - 08-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Bicyclists - by Liebchen - 02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
RE: Bicyclists - by jonnymacbrown - 02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
RE: Bicyclists - by Liebchen - 02-16-2007, 05:44 PM
RE: Bicyclists - by jonnymacbrown - 02-17-2007, 08:58 AM