• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

a few newbie PzC questions
08-15-2006, 01:05 PM,
RE: a few newbie PzC questions
When to use your armor to make an assualt? Well that depends. As already answered, it's always a good idea to soften up the target unit with indirect fire and air support and wait for the target unit to disrupt before assualting. Also, It's rarely a good idea to assualt with your armor against enemy infantry holding good defenseable ground such as towns and woods and such. I prefer to use my armor as direct fire support and let my infantry do the assaulting in these situations. Armor units are very effective when their fatigue is in the green. But, if you assualt every enemy unit you come in contact with, you'll find that the unit will become so fatigued and depleted, that it will have to be pulled off the line for an extended period of time. I prefer to minimize the times I assualt with my armor. Either I pick easy targets to overrun, or I make sure that the assualt is needed to achieve a specific objective that if captured will put the enemy at a severe disadvantage. for example, a key intersection that opens the way for the rest of the division to move freely into the enemy's rear or around their flank. In short, be judicious when assaulting with your armor. Over using them, will diminish their effectiveness, and eventually bring your armored thrust to a grinding halt.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a few newbie PzC questions - by PenCapChew - 08-13-2006, 01:43 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by FLG - 08-13-2006, 04:44 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by Dog Soldier - 08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by PenCapChew - 08-15-2006, 04:14 AM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by Grrr - 08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by Jazman - 08-15-2006, 11:59 PM