• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

a few newbie PzC questions
08-13-2006, 04:44 PM,
RE: a few newbie PzC questions
PenCapChew Wrote:1. Travel Mode- Is it better to use this mode to get units to the front(in a lot of scenarios units tend to be already in T-mode). I know you take more casualties in T-mode...I find myself just wanting to move units in regular movment mode (albeit slower). So, do you just use T mode to just move units far behind the front closer to action?

2. Recon/Tank units: This is similar to the first question.....when should these units be in travel mode? It's tempting to put them in T-mode once you break enemy lines but that makes them more vulnerable to enemy attacks. I try to drive deep behind enemy lines with them but they tend to get LOW on ammo messages.

3. General attacking: With armour, do you use firing mode on enemy inf? Assualting isn't the best recorse due the combined arms penalty as inf is needed to supplement that attack. I am trying to find the best use for armor.

A quick reply and some general guidelines:

1. T mode is very useful to travel large distances, especially on roads and trails. In the campaign games of M41 and St42 you aren't going to get anywhere without using T mode as the distances are so huge. Don't use it if you think you are going to run into enemy troops as you will be hit hard. Also, if enemy troops are around try to convert back to deployed mode at the end of your move in case they find you during their turn.

Finally, air indiction attacks cause more damage while troops are in travel mode. If the enemy has massive air superiority it maybe best to just use T-mode at night.

Generally, in your rear lines T-mode is fine, during a break through T-mode is weighed up as distance vs chance of ambush by enemy units.

2. Armoured recon units move great distances even without travel mode. They also generally have enough movement points to be able run away when meeting an enemy. Use them to scout ahead to allow slower units to move in T-mode through contested terrain in relative safety. This was one of there job in RL, use them the same way.

3. Armour really needs to be mixed with infantry for combat. Assaulting with armour on its own is a risky business and as a general guideline don't, at least untill you become more experienced. Generally use armour to exploit holes in the enemy lines, punching through and cutting of axes of retreat, surrounding the enemy. Even pushing an entire armoured division through and leave the other guy standing. In attacking, use them to support and stiffen infantry and in assaults, mixed with infantry in open type terrains, they are very powerful. Look at the assault value of the units.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a few newbie PzC questions - by PenCapChew - 08-13-2006, 01:43 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by FLG - 08-13-2006, 04:44 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by Dog Soldier - 08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by PenCapChew - 08-15-2006, 04:14 AM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by Grrr - 08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
RE: a few newbie PzC questions - by Jazman - 08-15-2006, 11:59 PM