• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
07-20-2006, 10:56 PM,
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."��SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
Moving down the road towards the village anchoring our southern most point of the line; we find it is well in the hands of the Russians; some Engineers dash ahead of us and someone pops a canister of smoke out, a well welcomed act as Oberst Lucht joins me in the assualt towards the village.

From my radio set I can hear cries of Ruiisans at the front as thier crash boom seems ot have fallen into thier mist; what do these animals care for human life? None is the answer.

As I peer thru the smoke canister I can see Russian Panzers moving northward to the rail bridge, once within our lines and fully fortified, but now guarded by forces in the woods nearby as the Panzers that once guarded the vital structure have been routed or eliminated alltogether.

The crack of a Panther is heard above the din of battle and teh rumble of Russian diesel engines to our front; loud cursing in the set of my radio can be heard as yet another Panzer commander fires at the Russian infantry instead of the the panzers that may seal thier fate.

Col Lucht mutters to me that he needs infoantry and perhaps another company of Panthers, better yet tigers; a engineer soldat chuckles and sardoniocally suggest that pigs may fly or the Fuerher might join us in this counter attack.

Fololishly yet another probe to our south by Russian recon into the woods on our right is reported by outpost troops; it is met by accurate fire and dispatched. A rookie like myself cheers the news, and is met with taunts from the hollowed eyed veterans of the kampfgruppe.

"They lose a couple of halftracks, we lose panthers, ja we are winning this war easily" one jokingly mutters. It is true, the Amis lend these animals halftracks like they are candy bars.

again at the railroad tracks the duel continues as our gunner plaster the Ruussian tanks darting to and fro and finally take teh briddge with hardly loose paint from thier panzers. Door knockers I mutter looking thru my glasses; "Ja great against Ami Ronson's or Polish tin cans, but these T-34's nein".

"Tell me Herr Oberfeldweber, who did you bugger to get this plum assignment?" a chizzled veteran ask as we move towards the village once again and a T-34 shell shrieks into our mist. before I could answer another engineer laughs and answers " Oh no doubt Eva herself, he seems to be such who would bugger only the highest in the party"

Things look grim ten minutes into the battle, yet we have a few tricks up out tunics, if only we could do more than dent the paint jobs of those Russian Panzers and bugger a few lend lease Halftracks.

I had heard that General K.K., the Russian in charge of this force is good I said; " Look at his handiwork young man", the Oberst said his stalheim slid down almost covering his eyes, "he is here in his element, a real shark for sure" was his reply.

"Ja and we are his dinner guppies" an engineer exclaimed. I replied that I think we may still pull this one off and laughs thru the smoke came around me. "Another party faithful in our mist...pass him the tartar sauce, he needs to get dressed for the shark.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."��SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!! - by Hammer44(FGM) - 07-20-2006, 10:56 PM