• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles in the North - an appraisal
07-20-2006, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2006, 04:19 AM by Abatis.)
RE: Battles in the North - an appraisal
I feel Trondheim favors the defender/Allies(which I played) -and you have excellent ground to defend! The elevated terrain at the center of the map, and to the east commanding the roads....Perfect ground to fall back in and harry the advance. I took out much of the German support and virtually all of the HQ infrastructure by melting away and then coming back..repeat repeat...this shifted things heavily in my favor by mid game.

My opponent had the game clock to contend with, so he ended up having to advance with very exposed flanks, and a weakened spearhead simply because I didn't let the light defensive screen get destroyed in pitched battle, or beat feet back to the towns. Speaking of which, the towns (not the initial obj town along the shore line to the west..I ceded that imdeiately)have wide fields of fire in openground! You have some key channeling minefields and elevated entrenchments which command more open ground kill zones. This ontop of the German problem of advancing along a mountain road to reach these positions are big pluses on the Allied side IMO. Axis Major D. looks inevitable with one turn left...

"I'll wrestle anybody in the crowd!"

Pappy Boyington
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battles in the North - an appraisal - by Abatis - 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM