• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TOAW3 - Scenario Recommendations?
07-20-2006, 03:29 AM,
Progress Report
Well, my second ever PBEM turn of TOAW ... it took me over an hour (!!) to do. In spite of this being a rather smallish scenario, I am given to understand. At the moment I am feeling simply overwhelmed by the many unit counters and the masses of options available for each single one of them. I have played Panzer Campaigns and there you can either move and/or shoot or else dig instead, but that's about it ... and there is only a single turn per turn. I have read a good number of articles on the concept of getting several phases out of a single turn, but in practice it still escapes me. On T1 I managed but one phase. Now on T2 I did get two, but that seems my limit. And it seems I can't grasp the combat results. On one occasion, I pushed all enemy counters out of a town, but instead of seeing my own boys move into it, another enemy unit walked back into the just vacated city! And btw why can units retreat through ZOC's after a lost melee? :rolleyes:

A lot to learn. And now I just got back my opponent's turn within 15 minutes from sending it--the same turn that took me an our to do. Cry
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Progress Report - by Heldenkaiser - 07-20-2006, 03:29 AM
More progress report ... - by Heldenkaiser - 07-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the comments - by Heldenkaiser - 07-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Status Report T13 - by Heldenkaiser - 08-09-2006, 09:51 PM