• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battles in the North - an appraisal
07-19-2006, 05:27 AM,
RE: Battles in the North - an appraisal
:cool2:
All feedback is appreciated. Thanks, Eddie for your support.

The first scenario and the bridge blowing was an oversight by all playtesters. Cry

I can let you know that of my own designs [one of which has been played] they were both playtested by multiple players. Each had different styles and approaches. Some players were more skilled than others. Most play was mirrored. I've heard some comments about it and at first I was puzzled. Eek
Personally, I played my scenarios five or six times each from both sides against multiple players of varying abilities. Tweaking the victory conditions was a bit much but, seemed the best way to achieve balance and retain "close to historical" OOB's and situations. My second design is more "a-historical" to help balance it out a bit, but, it was thoroughly tested.
In the scenario's our results were surprisingly balanced with wins, draws, and losses being roughly equal from all players [with a slight favoring to the Axis side]. Note, I did say my scenario designs? :rolleyes:
LOL! I guess I should look at my playtester pool? ;)

I know that Slawek tested his extensively with another group of players. We both spent the effort, in design, to ensure that historicity, playablility, fun, and "balance" were top priorities.

I did play a couple of Slawek's designs, and I must admit that I missed the engineer/bridge problem in the first one. But, I found them winnable from either side. :)

I'm sorry if your experience is not to your liking. :(

We do not take heads off here for someone stating an opinion? :chin:

We weren't birthing a baby here. We had an idea for a tournament. We created scenarios roughly based on historical events. We've done the best we could with the tools we had.
My only hope is that the remaining scenarios prove as much or more challenging and playable than the first ones.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battles in the North - an appraisal - by Herr Straße Laufer - 07-19-2006, 05:27 AM