• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
07-18-2006, 11:40 AM,
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."��SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
It was a bad to get post from the mail man it seems as a letter from the local Gualiter informed me of an assignment posting to the Eastern Front at the same time I got confirmation that my brother was missing in North Africa after a scrap with the Amis.

I arrived at Division Headquarters and found that confusion was the order of the day and that I was to be posted to a command given the assignment of being a blocking force to stem the russian Hoard.

Arriving in a battered KfZ 1, I foundf the situation horrifying in that a few landsers were all that stood between a sea of red and the rear of the command. Oh sure there were Panzers, but as my driver told me, there were never enough tanks when compared to the wave of steel that the russians usually threw at them.

The driver didnt seem phased the least at the prospects of being hit by this wave of pesants; saying that he had seen it before and as usual the unit hung in here to make it a most interesting day.

I settled into a building that had once been a factory that made some farm chemicals, it smelled so much like the resat of the countryside,one great dung hole. The commander, a well worn Major, looking beyond his actuall years greeted me with a simple grin saying " who pissed in your mess kit son that you are here?"

I didnt have an answer, after all I had not been in Russia but a few hours. " NO matter, You will take command of my communications section, I need Lt Schoner up front since he has been in this dung longer than us both, his expirence will be of help.

I took back my pay book from the Major and turned to the door where a runner just leaving, pointed me to the radio room.

There I was shocked to learn that communications had broken down and most of my reports to Division would go un-filed for long periods of time. ( My Password wasnt working on the Blitz).

The Russians, reputed to be under the command of Col K.K Roskovski, a favorite of Uncle Joe himself, opened up with a crash of artillery and a probe of our lines with infantry and engineers.

Our men seemed almost spellbound by the appearance of the Russians as none opened any Op-Fire on the advancing men in mustard colored uniforms.

The Russians at first used a sort of groundhog approach with thier armor poping up and shooting at our tank positions in the south and in the center.

We traded fire with a few tanks and an 88 section but little was gained by the fire except where some of out landsers were positioned east of out southern positions in a shoe factory; giving the Russian foot sloogers a welcome.

Our Artillery offered a scattered response to that of the Russians with no true effect being felt or noted.

Three minutes into the conflict the platoons of armor of our southern positions offered no resistance of note and curses could be heard by some tropops as a assualt gun platoon simply allowed armor to drive past in what looked like a flanking of our lines from the south.

But for some reason the Russian armor remained at tehw wooded crossroads while a recon unit was dispatched to our rear to develop what lay behind the southern most ridge and our rear.

Russian engineers moved with caution towards the southern most village trying to clear a minefield blocking a full assualt by russian panzers, but a platoon of landsers on outpost, kept a liveli fire and drove the Russian engineers off and accurate mortar fire further reduced them in the woods they souhght cover in.

Strong Russina Panzer probes to south center of the front was met with stiff resistance at the shoe factory and when the russian infantry advanced along the woods with support from half tracks along the road, they were delt with in a strong fashion.

To the north sector Russian Panzers probed and found that mounting the center summit meant dealing with the 88's and well position armor.

Five minutes into the action, it appeared a action of attrition was the Soviet order of the day as shots were traded with the Russian Panzers taking out one here and there but at a cost that was clearly telling.

Russian radio traffic suggested that they had lost contact with thier recon units, and for good reason since they had been wiped out with little to show for the probe. it was clear that a frontal assualt to the village in the south would be the route to be taken and a wave of Stalins Organs was heard screaming towards the front in an efort to force the center and divert our forces from the southern flank.

Eight minutes intop the action it seemed that the Panzers had finally found its nerve and joined in the fighting; but the wave of Russian Armor was in some cases almost a drowning affair. The Assualt gun so timid allowing Russians to drive by finally paid the price and was a smoking ruin..a fate better than the punishment company the commander was bound for when this action was over.

Ten minutes into the action, Russian Panzers smoldered atop the centeral heights, but finallt the landsers in the village were forced back as the local commander is killed and his panzers along with his infantry support is driven westward out of the village.

More curses can be heard over the radio net as panzer NCOs order thier guns to op-fire at soviet guards and Russian tanks respond at our panzers; thier gunnery more telling than our reply.

Its now fourteen minutes into the action and im ordered to teh south to see if I can put together a counterattack; as Stalins Organs scream overhead the positions to our center, I drive south, and see if I can stop the bleeding, or is the wound too deep .

Fifteen minutes and we shal see if the Russian infection is mortal to our blocking action or can we bandage the wound and save the day

I make my report tomorrow, now that communications has been restored...The wolf's lair is wanting to know if we are doing our duty..Not another step backwards is the telex...but 1800 km away this is but another mindless order.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."��SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!! - by Hammer44(FGM) - 07-18-2006, 11:40 AM