• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to Volcano RE : New MG44 ALT ART/SCENARIO
07-07-2006, 02:51 PM,
RE: Question to Volcano RE : New MG44 ALT ART/SCENARIO
You are correct about the allied airstrikes. They have been reduced somewhat but there are also subtle changes to them as well. Overall their soft attacks have decreased (on some) but for others their hard attacks have increased.

As far as why... I can only say that I used the references from other games including CS and TOAW and others and compared aircraft ratings to come up with formula to standardize the PzC ratings. Often, the aircraft ratings in the PzC series are abstract and they differ from title to title in most cases (and this is fine since the airstrikes in general is a rather abstract part of the series). But my intent was to create one common rating where if you saw an artillery gun or airstrike in one then it would be the exact same in another. So in many cases the ratings were either someones best guess or something to create an effect but my approach is again about the specrum of values based around a widely accepted unit rating (I cant remember if it was the Stuka or the He-111).

As for the British Paras, actually all the infantry units in the game are weaker, but you must just be looking at them. I mentioned that in the next update, all the units in PzCs that have the "HW" company mixed into the battalions will get a 18% increase in firepower. This applies for B44, MG44, S42, K43 (basically all the ALT scenarios I just posted). The problem was that I was using a value that was based upon games like N44 and T41 where the infantry units are "pure" and there is a seperate mortar / MG heavy weapons company present.

But since all the units on both sides would get the increase I dont think it will drastically change anything until it gets fixed. Another thing to keep in mind is that you should also look at the British para's defense rating. You will see that they are more defensive. So, all the units have subtle changes.

Hope that helps.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Volcano RE : New MG44 ALT ART/SCENARIO - by Volcano Man - 07-07-2006, 02:51 PM