• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
06-29-2006, 10:05 AM,
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."��SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
[size=large]Sitrep: Axis turn 10 & Allied turn 11: Oberst vs Macnab

I hate indirect fire!!!! Axis arty manages a hit on my unloaded 85 mm ATG and knocks out 1 sp of both the gun & truck.:hissy: Meanwhile an engineer unit is observed retreating W of the wooded hex just S of the captured VP hex. Also another Tiger plt with a leader emerges from the orchard taking up an ambush postion. In the far N, the 10 VP hex reveals a Tiger plt. Both the Tiger and the HT fire at my rifle plt with no success.

The start of my turn sees a heavy rocket and arty barrage against the 10 VP hex but also with no visible results. I advance my engineer unit from the strongpoint just SW of the 25 VP hex into the woods directly W and discover the Axis engineer unit. Two plts of T34/85, engage from the NE but only manage to force them to retreat off of the ridge to the W. To engage the Tiger plt I push a T34/34 plt into the strongpoint. No opp fire from the Tiger. A second plt also moves forward and this time the Tiger notices something and fires taking out 1 sp. I then advance another T34/85 directly W down the paved road until it comes within LOS of the Tiger. Another shot but this time no losses. The T34 is joined by an M4 plt and together they take on the Tiger at point blank range, achieving only a disruption. Not knowing what lies to the W just beyond the edge of the ridge, I chose to assault the Tiger and take a rear shot. A T34/85 assaults and destroys the 1 sp Tiger!!, but the Leader retreats. Choosing caution, I pull back my units to defensive postions on the ridge. To the N, the rifle plt attempts to sneak around the W of the VP hex but is fired upon. loses 1 sp and retreats into woods , NW of the VP hex.

Oberst
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."��SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!! - by Oberst - 06-29-2006, 10:05 AM