• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hot Key Assignment?
09-12-2013, 12:41 AM,
RE: Hot Key Assignment?
(09-11-2013, 01:45 PM)76mm Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 01:46 AM)tbridges Wrote: I understand that the existing single hotkeys already hard-coded in the game cannot be overridden. However, it looks like a number of single keys are still available. For instance, the numbers #1 - #5 are in use but the numbers #6 - #0 are not. So how would I use one of those, say #6, to be a hotkey for "Save Movement Cost"?

I think you should be able to do it, although I have not tried using a single key so cannot promise. Here is a sample line from file:
^e::Send !vm ; Ctrl+e - toggle Elevation Contours

the ^e on the left is the trigger, in this case Ctrl+e. So in your case I guess you would just use "6" (without quotation marks). Then include the "::Send" (without quotes) and then enter the keys required to trigger that action using the menus. The ! means Alt, which activates the PzC menu and allows you to use key presses to select menu items, so you need !cs (for Alt + c [for Command menu] + s [for save movement costs]. So altogether you would need: 6:::Send !cs

OK, I've already tested it, it works; here is it in ahk (ie, txt) format and exe. Hotkey for save movement costs is 6.

Thumbs Up That's excellent, I'm using it for a big DF'85 mod and it works great!

Thanks so much, I usually play only the big scenarios and this will be a huge time saver! Respect3

Appreciate it!
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 01:14 AM,
(09-12-2013, 12:41 AM)tbridges Wrote: Thanks so much, I usually play only the big scenarios and this will be a huge time saver! Respect3

heh, I totally understand--I also only play campaign scenarios and honestly don't think I would play them without these additional hotkeys.

BTW, I've found that the Ctrl+[additional key] for hotkeys works fine, especially if the keys are near the Ctrl key--that's why I made "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + X--I probably use them the most (along with Ctrl+A for Resolve Assault) and they are all right next to the Ctrl key.

But the ahk file is super-easy to modify, as I've explained in my previous post, so players can do whatever they want.
09-14-2013, 05:14 AM,
Scroll wheel
(09-12-2013, 01:14 AM)76mm Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 12:41 AM)tbridges Wrote: Thanks so much, I usually play only the big scenarios and this will be a huge time saver! Respect3

heh, I totally understand--I also only play campaign scenarios and honestly don't think I would play them without these additional hotkeys.

BTW, I've found that the Ctrl+[additional key] for hotkeys works fine, especially if the keys are near the Ctrl key--that's why I made "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + X--I probably use them the most (along with Ctrl+A for Resolve Assault) and they are all right next to the Ctrl key.

But the ahk file is super-easy to modify, as I've explained in my previous post, so players can do whatever they want.

OK guys...now that we have the hot key issue resolved Thumbs Up what can we do to get the mouse scroll wheel to work? Whistle
09-14-2013, 09:28 AM,
Mouse scroll to do what? On mine, it changes the view/zoom, I think, already.
[Image: exercise.png]
09-14-2013, 10:35 AM,
(09-14-2013, 09:28 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Mouse scroll to do what? On mine, it changes the view/zoom, I think, already.

The mouse wheel should move the curser...we shouldn't have to move the mouse itself all over the place just to move the curser...
09-14-2013, 12:30 PM,
? I have never thought to even want that - it can only move it vertically, right? Although I suppose you could make a pushable wheel able to move horizontally with a push. Still seems slow compared to moving the mouse?
09-14-2013, 01:53 PM,
(09-14-2013, 12:30 PM)Ricky B Wrote: ? I have never thought to even want that - it can only move it vertically, right? Although I suppose you could make a pushable wheel able to move horizontally with a push. Still seems slow compared to moving the mouse?

I actually use a trackball instead of a mouse, it works great.
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM,
That makes sense for a trackball and is what the trackball is for. Now thinking about it from that perspective, I can see using the mouse scroll wheel to scroll the map up/down - or hold down and it scrolls horizontal. Similar to a document or spreadsheet window maybe.
09-15-2013, 12:09 AM,
[/quote]
I actually use a trackball instead of a mouse, it works great.
[/quote]

Hey...a trackball is a great idea, thanks, that never occurred to me. I must have an old one around here somewhere, I'll give it a try.
09-17-2013, 11:39 PM,
Hi folks!

As a freshman here (did not play much yet) I can only attest to the strengths of AutoHotKey and AutoIt! I use AutoIt scripts even at my work where they ease some tedious clicking between web-based tools. I am a self-learner by trial and error and online help and am eager to check these scripts out.

Kudos!