• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

playing w 2 diff pdt files
07-20-2012, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 02:34 AM by raizer.)
playing w 2 diff pdt files
Well my buddy and I are playing bulge max forces alt. I changed the pdt file to have night disrupt move set to 15%, NO bunkers and tinkered with the range mod. I sent the file to keith and of course 25 turns into the game, we realized that he was playing with the alt pdt file with night disrupt at 30%, bunkers at some sort of value and the orginal range modifier. The only reason we found out was that he noticed his guys were digging in ontop of trenches and my guys could not. How is this possible that in our games we can pull up the parameter data and he has one version and I have another. Wouldnt the game crash? He is still kicking my butt as the germans with that 30% night disrupt.

So we got the files right finally and he is on the right pdt file because he cannot dig ontop of trenches anymore but it is a little disconcerting to learn that in this scenario, one can have a different pdt file that one's opponent.

Is this a bug?
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 03:34 AM by Ricky B.)
RE: playing w 2 diff pdt files
Not a bug. Only way to avoid it is add the data to the save file.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-20-2012, 04:36 AM,
not sure I understand this-I thought the save file would have the game info on it and the pdt file would have all the relevant particulars of your settings on it-send your opponent both files...is there a way to combine the 2?
07-20-2012, 11:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012, 11:16 AM by Ricky B.)
No sorry. I was posting from work through my phone and hard to type much that way.

Since the PDT is a stand alone file, there is no way to enforce it being the same for both players. At least not without a lot of back end processing such as a checksum to ensure they are the same for each player. So I was saying if the PDT data was saved in the save game file, as part of the process by JT, not you, then it couldn't be different for the players.

Anyway, since a check to compare the PDT for each player would be very difficult, it isn't a bug that they can be different.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]