• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FOW
03-16-2011, 09:19 AM,
FOW
Hi guys. Can anyone give me a clue where in the game rules it gives an extensive FOW explanation? I’m reading through the rules now as I wait.

Caius
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 02:51 AM,
RE: FOW
What sort of explanation are you looking for?
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM,
(04-09-2011, 02:51 AM)Liebchen Wrote: What sort of explanation are you looking for?

What I was looking into was how enemy units were sighted and when during your turn. Are units only sighted adjacent or if they fire?

Caius
04-15-2011, 01:46 PM,
(04-10-2011, 10:50 AM)Caius Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 02:51 AM)Liebchen Wrote: What sort of explanation are you looking for?

What I was looking into was how enemy units were sighted and when during your turn. Are units only sighted adjacent or if they fire?

Caius

Did you get an answer to your question?

Any enemy within your range of visibility will be shown on the map. Any enemy unit moving into a hex that is in the LOS of one of yours will be shown while moving, but will disappear as it moves out of sight, so sometimes you only see them for a brief second.

If you are moving, then they will not appear unless your run into them, or they fire. Cavalry (with the optional rule in play), and infantry with skirmishers deployed, will spot enemy units at two hexes distance, even when their LOS is limited to one hex.